Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Summer Garden 2009

After reading my sister-in-law Abby's blog about her garden, it inspired me to post about mine.
So here's a peek at what's growing at Casa Kilpack.


Yellow pear tomato's.
These are so yummy, I have to keep my eye on Dallin, he could eat them all day long!

We have 2 red and 2 yellow bell peppers growing this year.

Basil...need I say anymore?

Some wild flowers from a mix that I got.


This is a marigold from Abby's garden. I grew it from some of her seeds.

Ahh...the piece De resistance!
Tomatoes! There is nothing better than home grown tomatoes (or any produce for that matter!)
I am so looking forward to a BLT!

Jalapenos! The next best thing. We like to make poppers with ours.
I have about 20 jalapeno plants this year. I'm going to try making some jalapeno jelly!

Dallin's cabbage plant.
This picture does not do it justice for this cabbage is freaking HUGE!

Yellow squash and zucchini.


Some flowers that are blooming in the backyard.


My raspberries! I've only had one or two so far this year, but boy were they tasty!

Some onions.

And right up there with the tomatoes and penos are cucumbers!
I'm drooling just writing this.
I love my garden!

2 comments:

Abby said...

Okay, I seriously almost cried when I saw that marigold! I'm so glad you grew the seeds and that they bloomed for you! I wasn't sure if people would like that gift or not, so it means a lot to me that you took the time to plant the seeds. Sniffle.

Your garden is gorgeous. That double lilly is off the charts! If you have time, I would love it if you could email me your recipe for that salsa you guys make, as well as the canning instructions. I would also love your jalapeno popper recipe!

Love ya!

P.S. my email is belinablueeyes@hotmail.com

The Kilpacks said...

Abby, I loved the seeds! I've got one more that I planted that I am patiently waiting for it to bloom. It's getting close! I'll post a pic when it's ready.
I'll e-mail you my salsa recipe by this weekend.

Love ya!