Thursday, December 18, 2008

Trip to Seattle Day Two 12/06/08

My Aunt and Uncle have a house over on Bainbridge Island. It sits on a few acres of property and it is just beautiful! (it's also for sale if anyone is interested in moving to Washington!)
So, on Saturday we headed over to the Island to visit with them.
WOW.... can't even describe how beautiful it is! I'ts early December and it's still so green.


There are trees everywhere. And not just little trees, but some huge trees!
(more to come on the trees)
The upstairs of my Aunt and Uncles house.


My Auntie Kay and their dog Bailey.

The backyard, with a gazebo that my Uncle hand made and a fire pit for salmon bakes!
Mmmm....yummy!

Walking through the trees.

Giant ferns.

More cool scenery.

The meadow.

Josh was trying to capture just how big the trees were. But, no luck. They are just to tall!
Amy with her Aunt and Uncle.

A leaf that Josh found. Look how big it is!

The fireplace in the living room. My Aunt and Uncle and my two cousins found all these river rocks and had them made into their fireplace. How cool is that!

Josh and I at my Aunt and Uncles house on Bainbridge Island.

The driveway.

Some more BIG trees.

A picture of our rental car.
Dallin wanted us to make sure that we took a picture of it.
So, here you go Dallin.

After visiting for a few hours, we went down to another town called Poulsbo.
The boats that were docked were all decorated for Christmas. Some had lights and some even has some of those blow-up decorations. It was way cool.
We walked around the downtown area and checked out some of the shops. We stopped at the bakery and bought some delicious treats and at the chocolate shop for some little sweets.
(I won't rant about the photos putting them selves in random order!)
As we were leaving my Aunt and Uncles, we looked up and there was a Bald Eagle sitting in the tree top.

The Port of Poulsbo.
When we got here, there was some festivities going on.
(not to sure what it was, but it was neat)
Barnacles!


After wondering around the downtown area we headed back into town to have dinner with my Aunt and Uncle.
(Thanks again for dinner, and we sure did enjoy visiting with you both!)
After dinner we headed over to the hotel for a good nights sleep.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How very beautiful. With this weather around here, it is enough to make you want to move. I am glad you are home safe and sound though.

Dad.

Christensens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christensens said...

How fun, I didn't know you and Josh were going solo...yippeeee!! Looks like that was a much needed vacation and a very beautiful one at that!